Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The ever-vacationing Mr Jisk sends us Masterpieces from Florida.

 It is always great to hear from and old friend. Like a postcard in the mail, Jisk sends his artistic spirit across the winds to your eyes to behold. He is a builder of sky tanks and floating worlds, a destroyer of toys, and a damn nice guy. 



©Jisk One



Interview by Forest Stearns.



Fatbol: 
First off, tell me What to call you, Who you are, WHERE you’re from, and WHAT you do.


Jisk:  "Just call me Angel of the morning". For reals Jisk, Jisker, El Jiskerino, Fuck Face? Any one those will probably get a response outta me. Really I'm just a squirrel tryin to get a nut. I'm from Los Angeles but currently reside in the coastal city of Tampa Fl and I am a procrastinator. 

Fatbol: 
Where can the world go to see more of your work digitally and gallery? 


Jisk: The best place to see my work lately is in my living room. I have been in a rebuilding phase for the past 5 years so I haven't shown that much. You can still check out some older stuff @ HUMBOLDTWALLSTARS.COM.

Fatbol: 
What is specific and unique that you plan to develop for the Fatbol project?


Jisk: Just my interpretation of the West Coast Safari theme as well as what I think FATBOL represents. I don't want to give away to much as this is a Competition but I will say that it will be FONT heavy.

©Jisk One, ( I own this piece! )


What is your favorite style and application for your own work?

Jisk: That has changed so much over the past few years but I have always loved graffiti and that is still what gets my attention. Obviously the #1 application for my art would be on walls but I've enjoyed drawing and painting on everything from puzzles to bicycle seats. But I will say that there's nothing greater than painting walls. 

Fatbol: 
Explain your own style and science of art


Jisk: My style is sort of  a mix of Cali junk yard and live wires on broadway. Basically I was really influenced by early 90's S.F. and L.A. pieces  and Late 90s N.Y. & Euro stuff. I currently don't have a science to my work. I pretty much just go off of emotion when I draw or paint and just see what happens. 

Fatbol: 
What are three words that best describe your artwork?


Jisk: Thought out, emotional, relevant 

What inspires you?

Jisk: What doesn't inspire me? Day to day living has to be my biggest inspiration. There is so much awesomeness in everything around us it's hard not to be hyped.

Fatbol: 
What is your earliest “artistic” memory?


Jisk: Drawing the bad guys from Megaman 1. I was about 8 years old and I decided to draw all of the villains from the 1st Megaman game and I haven't stopped drawing since. I put together this home made sketchbook from white lined paper I tore out of a 3 ring binder. What's hilarious about that is I tore out the pages just to bind them all back together into this shitty little sketchbook. It was probably so awful. I wish I still had it. 

©Jisk One

Fatbol: 
What is your goal in life?


Jisk: To be able to look back when it's all said and done and really feel that my existence made a difference on someone. 

Fatbol: 
Name something  you love, and why.


Jisk: Of course my Wife and Daughter, but a close second is the smell of some krylon flat black, the feeling of you get when you achieve something you really worked your ass off for and getting out of the city and reconnecting with the earth. 

What makes you angry?

Jisk: Ontario drivers. They're the worst! 

Fatbol: 
What was your favorite toy as a kid?

Transformers and matchbox cars

Fatbol: 
What is your favorite toy now?

Transformers and Matchbox cars! Or anything techie. 

Fatbol: 
What is your “dream” art  project?
 

Jisk: To be able to paint large scale murals all over the globe.  

What have you been listening too while you’ve been working on your art[recently]?

©Jisk One


Jisk: I'm all over the place when it comes to Music. I love it all. But most currently I have been jammin on some AVETT BROS, COCONUT RECORDS, THE BLACK KEYS, MUMFORD AND SONS, and the whole AB RUDE discogrphy

Fatbol: 
If you were a cocktail on a drink menu at a bar, what would your name be?


Jisk: BEER!

Fatbol: 
If you could go back in time and talk to “8 year old YOU”, what would you say to her/him?


Jisk: Actually this is probably my most recurring day dream. I would hand myself all of my current sketchbooks and start studying. 

If you could collaborate with any other artist [living or dead], who would it be and why?

©Jisk One


Jisk: In the graf game there are so many but off of the top of my head it would be OUIJA, SOFLES, or THE 7TH LETTER DUDES. Fine art would be Yves Tanguy. Dali gets all the fame in the Surrealist world but Tanguy had so much emotion and his paintings just oozed with style and movement.

Fatbol: 
What is the best bit of advice that you have ever been given?


Jisk: Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it! 

Fatbol: 
If you had a chance to say one sentence for the whole world to hear, what would you say? 

  
Jisk: Is this thing on?

No comments:

Post a Comment